- Integrates Prettier for code formatting.
- 4406 Installs
This extension is allowed to:
- Launch Subprocesses
Prettier for Nova
Code formatting using Prettier, right in Nova.
- Formats on save (can be disabled in Project settings), or using
Editor > Format with Prettier.
- Supports all languages supported by Prettier (though plugins are not supported):
- Uses the Prettier installed in your project (or built-in Prettier if you don't have any).
You can use Prettier's built-in exclusion feature by adding a
.prettierignore file to the root of your project. Note: adding it anywhere else won't work.
Using a different version of Prettier
Just install the Prettier version you want in your project (in the root folder). If you already have your project open in Nova you'll need to reopen your project after installing or updating Prettier for the extension to start the new one.
[1.2.1] - 2020-09-17
- Support formatting of new files that have never been saved.
- Include CSS in supported syntaxes.
- Don't require editor focus for the
Format with Prettierto be available.
- Log non-syntax errors from Prettier to the extension console properly.
- Include stack trace with errors logged in the extension console.
[1.2.0] - 2020-08-17
- Added a warning with help when Prettier (and NPM) can't be found.
[1.1.0] - 2020-06-15
- Use Prettier installed in the project's node_modules. If none is available the extension falls back to the bundled Prettier.
- Automatically find and load parsers provided by Prettier.
[1.0.0] - 2020-06-12
- Use .prettierignore to determine which files to format (.prettierignore needs to be in the project root).
- Added a warning when an error occurs while looking up the Prettier configuration for a file.
- (Breaking) Updated to Prettier 2.0.5.
[0.2.0] - 2020-02-29
- Don't include prettier in extension, but install when activating.
[0.1.0] - 2020-01-31
- Initial release.