- 3244 Installs
This extension is allowed to:
- Launch Subprocesses
Right click source code and choose the following from the TypeScript menu.
- Go to Definition
- Find References
- Rename Symbol
- Code Actions
- Offer Suggestions (experimental)
From the menu, select Extensions > TypeScript.
- Find Symbol
Type info on hover
The sidebar shows status information about the extension including the version of typescript it's using and if it's started successfully.
Find Symbol performs a project search for a symbol. Results are shown in the sidebar.
Find References shows all usages of a given variable, function, or other symbol. Results are shown in the sidebar.
Using the workspace version of TypeScript
This extension will automatically find the workspace version of TypeScript installed under
node_modules in your workspace root. If one isn't installed it will use a recent, bundled version of typescript.
To customize this you can specify the TypeScript library location in workspace preferences (Extensions > TypeScript > Preferences > TypeScript Library) as an absolute or workspace-relative path. This should point to a directory containing the TypeScript
tsserver.js file, generally ending with
node_modules/typescript/lib. If installed globally, you can find the installation location using
npm list -g typescript (e.g. "/usr/local/lib/node_modules/typescript/lib"). (You should only need this if your workspace doesn't install typescript under the workspace's root
node_modules directory or you use a global installation of TypeScript)
- Removed stub language syntax
- When using bundled TypeScript, don't emit npm update checks
- Remove confirmation/documentation message from "Offer Suggestions"
- Add "Find References" command
- Add experimental "Offer Suggestions" command
- Search results now opened by double clicking instead of selecting
- Find Symbol now uses builtin nova images for types of symbols
- Search results UI cleanup
- Properly dispose of more resources when extension reloads
- Add extension to "Completions" category
- Fix error message when symbol can't be found
- Fix async startup failures not being logged
Mistakenly released from dev branch.
- Emit install errors in dev console
- Upgrade bundled typescript
- Add mock typescript syntax (https://dev.panic.com/panic/nova-issues/-/issues/1454)
- Improve documentation in readme and throughout extension
- Sidebar "refresh" button now restarts language server
- Custom TypeScript library location support (now actually works!)
- Preference type changed to string
- Relative path support
- Auto-restart on preference change
- Upgrade bundled version of TypeScript to 3.9
- New sidebar icons from Sam Gwilym
- Add images to sidebar
- Dev functionality and error handling
- Show "Go to Definition" results in sidebar for multiple results
- Allow "Code Actions" and "Go to Definition" when editor doesn't have focus.
- Fix tsx/jsx language support
- Display active TypeScript version to sidebar
- Improved "Find Symbol" sidebar UI
- Extension falls back to it's own installation of TypeScript
- Fewer warnings about misconfigured TypeScript
- Configuration for custom TypeScript installation has changed
- Language server isn't bundled with published extension
- "Find Symbol" command and sidebar
- "Code Actions" editor command
- Support for language server driven edits
- Cleaner deactivation logic
- Fix issue preventing language server startup when installed from extension library
- Language Server support
- Custom TypeScript installation support
- "Go to Definition" editor command
- "Rename" editor command