- A Python extension powered by Microsoft's Pyright Language Server.
- 99 Installs
This extension is allowed to:
- Read & Write Files
- Launch Subprocesses
- Send Network Requests
Pyright for Nova aids in Python development. It provides more useful code completions, automatically introduces import statements, and displays details about variables over which the cursor hovers.
Automatically adds import statements after certain completions are accepted
Alerts of unused variables, unused expressions, and references to undefined variables
Provides information about a function's parameters while its arguments are being filled in
The extension requires that Node.js is installed.
Network and file system access is needed to download the Pyright Language Server automatically.
- A new command —Rename Symbol —was introduced. It's a little bit unreliable, unfortunately.
- The extension now behaves more desirably in computers in which NPM is not installed.
Minimal improvements were made to the sidebar icon.
The Organize Imports and Add Missing Optional To Parameter commands are now functional.
- An issue was fixed that may have produced undesirable behavior during the installation of updated versions of Pyright.
- A "Retry" button is again shown upon failure to install Pyright due to the absence of NPM.
- A button is now displayed in the Extension Library which leads to the extension's GitHub repository page.
- The extension now consumes less space and takes less time to uninstall.
The download process was greatly sped up.
A spelling mistake was fixed.
The download process should now more reliably be completed successfully.
A "Retry" button is now shown upon failure to install Pyright due to the absence of NPM.
This is the first version of Pyright for Nova 🥳.
Copyright (c) 2022 Belcar Santiago Cuentas-Zavala Infante Copyright 2022 Cameron Little, Sam Gwilym
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.