- Advanced New File
- Create new files easily and fast.
- 1350 Installs
This extension is allowed to:
- Read & Write Files
- Launch Subprocesses
Advanced New File Nova extension
This extension will help you to create new files easily and really fast
- Works out of the box no need to install anything
- Assign any keyboard shortcode or call the command directly (default is option-command-n)
- Two modes of use, folder select or write path (more in the desc)
- Create one or multiple files in the same command
- Automatically open the file(s) once they are created
- The extension will create all the required folders if they don't exist
First of all, what's the difference between the two Modes?
The reason to have two different modes is because there's people that are used to write the full path of the files to create and some other people prefers to be able to search, filter and select the folder where they want the new file to be created. Eaither way, both methods work great, choose your prefered mode in the extension preferences.
Mode "Folder Select"
This mode will display a list of all the folders in your current workspace so you can easily search the folder, select it and then you can enter the name of the file(s) you want to create. With the extension preferences you can exclulde folders and decide if the last folder you selected should be remembered and displayed first next time.
Mode "Write Path"
This mode will only display an input so you can write the path you want, for example "css/style.css"
Support for creating multiple files
Creating multiple files with "Folder Select" mode
When entering the file name you can provied several file names separated by comma, for example: file1.css, file2.css, file3.css
Creating multiple files with "Write path" mode
You just neet to write the path and provide the file names separated by comma, for example css/style.css, general.css, test.css
Support for creating all the required folders if they don't exist
You don't have to worry about anything, the extension will create all the required folders if they don't exist.
- New: Folder listing now caches the folders list and watches the workspace for changes to update the list, this improves the speed of the folder selector.
- Improved: Folder listing now uses a Process to execute
findinstead of relying on Nova, it's faster more reliable.
- Improved: Files/Folder order in folder select
- Fixed: Unable to open file (this was a bug introduced in Nova 4)
- Improved: Ignored folders when using Folder Select mode
- Fixed: Make sure folders use default sort
- Fixed: remove duplicate folder if configured to show last selected at the top and using Folder Select mode
- Fixed: the extension will show a notification if the workspace path is not defined