- Ruby on Rails
- Ruby on Rails and Ruby support for Nova editor.
- 5269 Installs
This extension is allowed to:
- Read & Write Files
- Launch Subprocesses
Ruby on Rails for Nova editor
Provides Ruby & Ruby on Rails support for Panic's Nova text editor.
Enable the extension in the extension library within Nova.
The extension provides Solargraph support with almost all its settings exposed. You can configure it globally or on a workspace base.
WARNING: Solargraph v0.42.0 or above is required.
- Install Solargraph globally on your system with
gem install solargraph. With version managers like rbenv make sure is installed for every Ruby version.
- Follow the tutorial to set up Solargraph to work well with Rails.
Database & Migrations
The extension provides commands for migrating/rolling back the database, opening quickly the last migration and list all migrations within a command palette.
Quickly switch between tests and model/controller/etc files.
Quickly insert Stimulus notations. To access the Clips start typing
stimul.... You can use placeholders for referencing the correct naming conventions.
And much more...
ERB tag switcher, Search in various documentations, Task Templates, DHH Ruby Clips, About Rails Sidebar, show routes and infos, importmap pin and unpin commands, update Stimulus manifest...
Check out the Wiki for a complete reference.
Report a Bug or Feature Request
To report a bug or request a feature, please add an issue to the GitHub repository. Thanks!
Thanks to @devjah, @jonathanpike and @Wylan for their work on different extensions which have been integrated in this suite.
- Prevent "do" and "do (yield)" clips to popup when typing "end"
- Update noteParts regexp to handle Notes with empty comments by @hmaddocks
- Improved RuboCop support with autocorrect commands, fix on save and offenses list
- Update extension structure to not use npm
- Update extension icons
- Resolved a parsing issue of Rails Notes with "/" in it
- Removed an error-prone option from task templates
- When rails notes/about fails to run, save the error output and return it in the Extension error logs
- Fixed an issue with Rails Notes regex pattern
- Replaced the automatically provided Rails server task with an optional Task template
- Added new Rails server task template (equivalent to bin/dev)
- Added new Bridgetown task template with Run, Build and Clean command
- Added a tutorial for installing and configuring Solargraph
- Added new Rails Notes sidebar
- Improved code quality and style
- Honor both Gemfile as well as gems.rb for Rails project detection
- Remove JS private methods in classes for compatibility reasons
- Fixed an issue with the importmaps commands and multiple packages
- Added new commands for pinning and unpinning packages from importmap
- Added new Clips for ERB, Ruby and Rails based on DHH Ruby bundle for TextMate
- Streamlined and updated the README.
- Added new Clips and updated existing ones to follow Stimulus v3.0.0
- Added new command for updating Stimulus manifest (./bin/rails stimulus:manifest:update)
- Added new commands for opening rails/info/routes and rails/info/properties
- Fixed an issue where isRailsProject wasn't detecting projects created with Rails 7.0
- Added Solargraph support with relative settings
- Added extension icon in the README
- Added StimulusJS as keyword
- Exited from Alpha stage
Version 0.8 - Alpha
- Added a Version Checker for notify user of background updates
Version 0.7 - Alpha
- Added new Clips for Stimulus in HTML (100% coverage). Every Clip uses official naming conventions for placeholders, suggesting you the correct text format (camelCase, kebab-case, etc).
- Clean up console logs of the ERB Tag Switcher for production
Version 0.6 - Alpha
- Added a command for killing Puma server processes
- Added a command for applying the latest migration
- Added a command for applying a rollback
- Added a command for opening the Extension Wiki
Version 0.5 - Alpha
- Added Rails project detection
- Added Rails Server Task
- Added Rails About sidebar
- Added Rails Documentation search
- Added Rails list and last migration commands
- Added Rails alternate file command
- Added Erb Tag Switcher
- Added Status Notifications
Copyright (c) 2021 Tommaso Negri
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.