- Nova wrapper of the fabulous Intelephense language server from Ben Mewburn.
- 349 Installs
This extension is allowed to:
- Read & Write Files
- Launch Subprocesses
Intelephense runs any time you open a local PHP project, automatically lints all open files, then reports errors and warnings in Nova's Issues sidebar and the editor gutter.
- installation of NPM on your system, for example
brew install npm.
Further features, as listed on the Intelephense website (), include:
✅ Currently implemented by Nova natively or through this package. ☑️ Limited functionality. ⛔️ Currently not implemented.
|✅||Code Completion||Fast camel/underscore case context aware suggestions with automatic addition of use declarations.|
|✅||Signature Help||View detailed parameter hints for call expressions.|
|✅||Jump to Definition||Quickly navigate to symbol definitions.|
|✅||Find in Project||Quickly find symbol references within the workspace.|
|☑️||Symbol Search||Fast camel/underscore text search for workspace and document symbol definitions. In Nova this is included in the "Find in Project" functionality.|
|✅||Linting||Error tolerant parser and powerful static analysis engine report problems as you type.|
|⛔️||Formatting||PSR12 compatible full document and range formatting. **This does not appear to be available in Nova at this time.|
|✅||Embedded Language Support||Includes HTML/JS/CSS code intelligence too.|
|✅||Hover||Detailed hover information with links to official PHP documentation.|
|⛔️||Highlight||Smart highlighting of references and keywords. I don't believe this is currently supported in Nova, or it may be theme-dependent.|
Currently the premium features of Intelephense do not appear to be functional in Nova. However, we still encourage you to support Ben Mewburn by purchasing a license.
To configure global preferences, open Extensions → Extension Library... then select intelephense's Preferences tab.
You can also configure preferences on a per-project basis in Project → Project Settings...
During activation, this extension will attempt to deploy on the workspace a fully functional (and independently managed) installation of Intelephense; you will need to have
npm installed (you can get it with
brew install npm).
In some circumstances (under investigation!),
npm may fail to create the directories it needs (notably,
node_modules) in the place where Nova (and, later, Intelephense) expects them; as a consequence, the LSP will fail with a console error that might not be easy to debug — since it depends quite a lot on how you are currently managing
npm, both at the global as well as the local level.
This step may require some improvement in the future; alternatively, there might be a choice to use the global installation of
npm instead, or, if you have one local
npm installation in your current PHP project, this extension might attempt to use it. Such options will require a few new options on the Preferences panel; stay tuned...
- Primary credit goes to Ben Mewburn, who developed the Intelephense language server, which this extension uses to provide auto-complete and other LSP features in order to bring Nova on par with modern PHP development.
- I would like to thank Kristófer Reykjalin for inspiration and debugging many of the same errors I have run into ahead of me in various github issues. He has spent a lot of effort in creating an Intelephense extension for Nova, and the only reason I started working on my own extension is because I had some trouble getting his extension to work in my projects. As I am finding out now, this is probably not a problem on his end, but ranter upstream from the Intelephense package. I needed to get Intelephense working quickly in order for me to be able to use Nova as a primary driver.
[0.1.9] - 2022-04-23
- syntax issue in extension file.
[0.1.8] - 2022-04-23
Thanks to @GwynethLlewelyn for this update!
- installation process to generate a
package.jsonfile from scratch, in order to allow
npmto do an installation in the correct place.
- README.md to include information about caveats of the automatic
installation process for Inteliphense using
- inconsistent path names.
[0.1.7] - 2022-04-21
- outdated Known Issues from README.
[0.1.6] - 2022-04-21
- intelephense version to 1.8.2. This resolved the initialization errors and now also provides PHP 8 support.
[0.1.5] - 2021-04-26
- changes made in 0.1.4 back out, as indexing would no longer complete. Further investigation is necessary.
[0.1.4] - 2021-04-26
- intelephense version to 1.7.0. This resolved the initialization errors and now also provides PHP 8 support.
[0.1.3] - 2021-04-10
[0.1.2] - 2021-04-10
- command to restart the language server.
- functionality to only install Intelephense if it has not already been installed.
- configuration options to enable or disable debug output to the Extension Console.
[0.1.1] - 2021-04-09
- version of included intelephense package to an older version that does index.
[0.1.0] - 2021-04-05
- initial functionality.
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright © 2021 - 2022 GeneaLabs, Mike Bronner.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.