- Nova wrapper of the fabulous Intelephense language server from Ben Mewburn.
- 60 Installs
This extension is allowed to:
- Read & Write Files
- Launch Subprocesses
This extension is undergoing development, and probably has errors. The following is a non-exhaustive list of issues being tracked. - There are initialization errors with the language server that are currently unresolved. A future update by the language server may or may not resolve this issue. These issues are likely upstream from Intelephense. - Nova doesn't display the completion hints very well, and some completions may not show at all, due to being overlaid by the suplemental information. - Language server configurations are not not being detected, and currently fall back to defaults. - Currently does not support PHP 8.0+. This will be resolved once we upgrade Intelephense to 1.7, which hopefully will resolve some of the other above- mentioned issues as well.
There are two ways you can restart Intelephense: - Open command palette and type "Restart Intelephense", then hit enter to execute. - Navigate to Extensions > Intelephense > Restart Intelephense.
Intelephense runs any time you open a local PHP project, automatically lints all open files, then reports errors and warnings in Nova's Issues sidebar and the editor gutter.
Further features, as listed on the Intelephense website, include:
✅ Currently implemented by Nova natively or through this package. ☑️ Limited functionality. ⛔️ Currently not implemented.
|✅||Code Completion||Fast camel/underscore case context aware suggestions with automatic addition of use declarations.|
|✅||Signature Help||View detailed parameter hints for call expressions.|
|✅||Jump to Definition||Quickly navigate to symbol definitions.|
|✅||Find in Project||Quickly find symbol references within the workspace.|
|☑️||Symbol Search||Fast camel/underscore text search for workspace and document symbol definitions. In Nova this is included in the "Find in Project" functionality.|
|✅||Linting||Error tolerant parser and powerful static analysis engine report problems as you type.|
|⛔️||Formatting||PSR12 compatible full document and range formatting. **This does not appear to be available in Nova at this time.|
|✅||Embedded Language Support||Includes HTML/JS/CSS code intelligence too.|
|☑️||Hover||Detailed hover information with links to official PHP documentation. Nova's implementation does not parse the tooltips in the same manner as VSCode, so the links and other data points aren't formatted or interactive.|
|⛔️||Highlight||Smart highlighting of references and keywords. I don't believe this is currently supported in Nova, or it may be theme-dependent.|
Currently the premium features of Intelephense do not appear to be functional in Nova. However, we still encourage you to support Ben Mewburn by purchasing a license. You are able to add the license in the preferences of this extension, in the event that some functionality is unlocked in the future.
|⛔️||Rename||Easily rename symbols with automatic file/folder renaming too.|
|⛔️||Code Folding||Accurate folding of definitions, blocks, use declarations, heredoc, comments, and custom regions. Nova provides code folding out of the box, but not quite as granular as Intelephense.|
|⛔️||Find all Implementations||Quickly find implementations of interfaces, abstract classes and associated methods. This isn't available in Nova at this time.|
|☑️||Jump to (type) Definition||Quickly navigate to variables and parameter type definitions. This is provided by Nova out of the box.|
|☑️||Go to Declaration||Quickly navigate to interface or abstract method declarations. In Nova this is the same functionality as "Jump to Definition".|
|⛔️||Smart Select||Intelligently expand/shrink text selection based on parse tree.|
|⛔️||Code Actions||Import symbols, add (template configurable) PHPDoc, and implement all abstract methods.|
To configure global preferences, open Extensions → Extension Library... then select intelephense's Preferences tab.
You can also configure preferences on a per-project basis in Project → Project Settings...
- Primary credit goes to Ben Mewburn, who developed the Intelephense language server, which this extension uses to provide auto-complete and other LSP features in order to bring Nova on par with modern PHP development.
- I would like to thank Kristófer Reykjalin for inspiration and debugging many of the same errors I have run into ahead of me in various github issues. He has spent a lot of effort in creating an Intelephense extension for Nova, and the only reason I started working on my own extension is because I had some trouble getting his extension to work in my projects. As I am finding out now, this is probably not a problem on his end, but ranter upstream from the Intelephense package. I needed to get Intelephense working quickly in order for me to be able to use Nova as a primary driver.
- Further refinement and research into the initialization and indexing issues. Currently waiting on the next release of intelephense to see if the proclem is addressed there.
- Add language server configuration settings.
[0.1.3] - 2021-04-10
[0.1.2] - 2021-04-10
- command to restart the language server.
- functionality to only install Intelephense if it has not already been installed.
- configuration options to enable or disable debug output to the Extension Console.
[0.1.1] - 2021-04-09
- version of included intelephense package to an older version that does index.
[0.1.0] - 2021-04-05
- initial functionality.
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright © 2021 GeneaLabs, Mike Bronner.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.