- Complete, configurable RuboCop support for Nova.
- 24 Installs
This extension is allowed to:
- Launch Subprocesses
RuboCop for Nova
RuboCop for Nova automatically lints all open Ruby files, then reports errors and warnings in Nova's Issues sidebar and the editor gutter. Issues can even be automatically fixed or silenced with configurable
--auto-correct options (see Configuration section below).
RuboCop for Nova requires some additional tools to be installed on your Mac:
- RuboCop 0.73.0 or newer
RuboCop can be installed a few different ways, so please check the documentation on the best method for your environment and/or project.
This extension supports the following configuration options:
- BYOR (Bring Your Own Rubocop): - Specify your preferred command for running RuboCop, whether it's from a binstub (
bin/rubocop), your project's Gemfile (
bundle exec rubocop), or a global installation (
- Auto-correct, 3 Ways: - Specify whether RuboCop should automatically fix offenses, and at which level of safety: Layout Cops Only, Safe Cops Only, or All Cops.
- Disable Un-correctable Offenses: - Allow RuboCop to add
rubocop:todocomments to lines of code that could not be auto-corrected to quiet instances without ignoring them.
To configure global preferences, open Extensions → Extension Library... then select RuboCop's Preferences tab.
You can also configure preferences on a per-project basis in Project → Project Settings...
0.1.1 - 2021-09-11
- Fixed a bug where issues for closed files remained in the sidebar.
- Fixed a bug where auto-corrected offenses would briefly appear as issues then quickly disappear after auto-correction.
0.1.0 - 2021-09-04
- Initial support for invocation of RuboCop based on the user's preferred installation.
- Global- and workspace-scoped extension preferences for auto-correct behavior.
Copyright (c) 2021 John Ellis
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.