- Task Finder
- Automatically offers Node and Composer actions as Nova Tasks.
- 3538 Installs
This extension is allowed to:
- Read Files
- Launch Subprocesses
This extension automatically populates Nova Tasks from project Node (package.json) and Composer (composer.json) scripts.
- Nova Tasks automatically populated from top-level package.json and composer.json files
- Sidebar Tasks that allows inspection of subfolder files, too
- Per-workspace setting to allow
- Specific directories to be ignored (Sidebar only)
- Choice between NPM/Yarn package managers for task execution
- To choose whether to recursively search for package.json in subfolders (Sidebar only)
- Reveal the file in which the task was found in Finder (Sidebar only)
- Install and activate the extension
- Check the global settings for your package manager and their path(s)
- Check the project settings for which package manager to use
- Project settings will override global ones, if you wish to customise package manager paths on a per-project basis.
The rest is pretty much automatic. Tasks will refresh on appropriate file or settings changes.
Issues and planned features can be seen (and added to) in the issues log.
This software is open source - pull requests are welcome.
You're free to use this package, but if it makes it to your production environment you are requested to buy the world a tree.
It’s now common knowledge that one of the best tools to tackle the climate crisis and keep our temperatures from rising above 1.5C is to plant trees. If you support this package and contribute to the Treeware forest you’ll be creating employment for local families and restoring wildlife habitats.
You can buy trees here offset.earth/treeware
Read more about Treeware at treeware.earth
- Added funding link to extension definition.
- Fixed Bug #6:
TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'nova.fs.stat(this.packageJsonPath).isFile')
- Provides tasks found at the root-level to Nova automatically (auto-populates the Tasks dropdown)
- Added support for composer tasks as well as node ones
- Allows the user to specify the path to NPM/Yarn (workaround as Nova doesn't provide shell environment)
- The icon for each task now reflects the running state.
- The package is re-listed under the Tasks category, thanks to Panic changing their validation criteria.
Note: The whole tree is refreshed for now, as asking the element to reload isn't working.
- Implemented the "Show in Finder" feature, for a given task. Thanks go to Reüel van der Steege.
- Removed the "Tasks" category, as it requires pre-determined tasks to be provided. This extension determines them automatically.
- Sidebar image fixed
- Several bugs fixed.
- Configuration added (see Readme).
- Made into Treeware.
Initial release based on how Nova Version 1.0b7 (145647) works.
I can't work out how to make custom images work for sidebars yet 🤯 - it'll get an icon once I've figured that out.