- Batteries-included Python support for Nova.
- 348 Installs
This extension is allowed to:
- Read & Write Files
- Launch Subprocesses
🔋 A batteries-included Python extension for Nova!
What's in the box?
- Integration with Microsoft's Pyright language server
- Code formatting using Black
- Linting (and import organization) with Ruff
- A Virtual Environment task for running a script or Python module as though the project's virtual environment is active
- A tree-sitter based syntax for
requirements.txtfiles, based off of tree-sitter-requirements
- A sidebar showing all packages installed in your configured Python environment, along with any outdated versions, and optionally any known vulnerabilities using pip-audit
If you use Homebrew, the easiest way to get started is:
brew install pyright ruff black pip-audit
This extension will try to find tools installed on your
PATH, so installing into your virtual environment or another location should work, as well.
This project drew inspiration (and code!) from many others that came before it:
Copyright (c) 2023 Dan Watson
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.