- Runs SwiftFormat when Swift files are saved.
- 59 Installs
This extension is allowed to:
- Read Files
- Launch Subprocesses
This extension will run the formatter when a Swift document is saved. It can also be invoked as an editor command.
The SwiftFormat extension includes a built-in version of the actual formatter tool, so no additional setup is required.
If you would like to use a different version, you can set a path to a custom binary in settings. You might do this if you work on a team and want to ensure that everyone is using a particular version.
SwiftFormat runs any time a Swift document is saved in Nova, automatically reformatting code according to the default SwiftFormat rules. You can customize the rules by creating a
.swiftformat config file in the root of your project.
To run SwiftFormat manually:
- Select the Editor → SwiftFormat menu item; or
- Open the command palette and type
To configure global settings, open Extensions → Extension Library... then select SwiftFormat's Settings tab.
You can also configure settings on a per-project basis in Project → Project Settings...
Contributing and Collaboration
I'd love to hear from you! Get in touch via mastodon, an issue, or a pull request.
By participating in this project you agree to abide by the Contributor Code of Conduct.
- Fixes an issue where the formatter would error if there was a newline in
.swift-version. Thanks for reporting @hisaac!
- Removes a misleading placeholder from the swift version setting.
- Bumps the bundled SwiftFormat version to 0.52.4
Initial release 🥰
- Includes bundled SwiftFormat version: 0.52.3