- Markdown Clips
- Basic and Extended Markdown Syntax Clips for Nova.
- 520 Installs
Markdown Clips for Nova
Markdown Clips is a collection of Basic and Extended Markdown syntax snippets, for use in Panic Inc's Nova.
Nova's Extension Library
You can install this extension through the Extension Library. Search for Markdown Clips and press
Alternatively you can download the extension from the GitHub repository, double click the file and opt for installation when Nova prompts you.
Autocomplete and keyboard shortcuts
Markdown Clips uses triggers to assist with autocomplete. Unlike some other markup languages, the triggers are only part of the words so they don't interrupt your writing.
There is keyboard shortcut support for some of the formatting options. (e.g. Cmd+B for bold and Cmd+I for italic).
You can also open the Clips sidebar to visually browse the library. Nova will let you double click, or click and drag into the editor.
- [Changed] Commands support for bold and italic removed, as I've integrated the formatting with the clips.Same power, but easier to wield! (Repo Issue 1: Format selection with keyboard shortcuts).
- [New] Added Header ID's. These are useful if you want to generate links directly to headings in resulting HTML markup.
- [New] Bold and italic are now published as Commands, so you can select existing text and change its formatting.
- You can use the menu, Editor > Markdown Clips to do this
- Alternatively, bind the commands to custom keyboard mappings within Preferences > Key Bindings > Extensions)
- [Fixed] Typing the word boot and pressing 'Enter' would replace with a blockquote.
Initial release 🎉