- A quick and dirty extension to use the Xcode FileMerge tool to compare editor contents.
- 684 Installs
This extension is allowed to:
- Read & Write Files
- Launch Subprocesses
File Comparison Extension for Nova
This runs FileMerge to compare two buffers. To do this it copies the contents from the selected buffers to temporary files. The files are called "NovaCompareFile_Left.tmp" and "NovaCompareFile_Right.tmp" and are stored in the "/tmp" directory.
Before using this extension, you must ensure that
Xcode is installed on your system via the "App Store".
- Open Nova.
- Choose menu Extensions > Extension Library...
- Search extension
- Click Install.
Manually enter or select the FileMerge binary location.
- To compare a buffer as the left file, use ^⌥<
- To compare a buffer as the right file, use ^⌥>
- To compare the selected buffers, use ^⌥?